|Average Customer Review: ( 18 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
8 of 9 found the following review helpful:
Great Product - But still a bit Lg for 6 Yr Old Jan 21, 2010
By Low Tone
Product seems well built. I used open tunings as my daughter can't quite get her hands around the neck comfortably. Came with a gig bag that is great for taking to Grandma's on the weekend! Bought a $5 Guitar stand so she can proudly display her "Real Guitar". Though I'm lefty, I've played it and it has a very nice sound - if not the proection of a regular sized guitar. Compared to the ~$70 junk I've seen at toy stores - not to mention the $230 mini-acoustics at guitar center - I couldn't be happier with this purchase. The tuners are quality for the size - haven't changed strings yet but plan to (note - you use regular sized acoustic strings and snip accordingly).
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Beautiful real guitar May 15, 2010
By helping hand
I bought this guitar for my 9 year old daughter. It is the perfect size. This is not a toy. If you are looking for a first guitar for 5-7 year olds, you may want to try First Act kids guitars which are smaller and less expensive. If your child is 8-10, and is serious about playing or just wants to practice, this is a beautifully crafted product. The paint is glossy and the mermaid looks hand painted. The art looks delicate but this guitar is very durable. The sound is professional. This is a must buy.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Pretty darned good...not perfect. Jun 08, 2011
I would love to give this adorable guitar a five-star review but I can't quite. It came with a couple defects in workmanship:
1) A small gouge at the edge of the sound hole; don't know how this got past QC but this could not have happened once the strings were on AND
there are a couple bubbles in the finsh, some adhesive on the fret board under the strings (near the nut) and a pretty significant chip at the edge of the neck
2) The strings feel very rough and poor quality and they sound awful; of course I can replace them but decent strings aren't expensive (more expensive is the labor to have them put on in my experience) so why not put something a little nicer on here?
3) It was nowhere near in tune out of the box...not even in the realm of it. Some of the strings were so loose they were gaping away from the fretboard. Apparently Austin Bazaar is not a music store and therefore not bothering to ship somewhat set-up instruments.
4) Action is quite high compared to the size of the guitar...I just bought a $99 Starlite (cheap-o!) for another one of my kids and the action is perfect (as low as you could feasibly go) out of the box, so I ponder why Luna wouldn't do the same since the height combined with the crappy strings makes it hurt my fingers so I can't imagine what it would do to my 6yo who's just starting lessons.
5) The keys are crappy but I didn't expect much.
6) The gig bag is the first I've ever seen without even a small layer of padding but it's attractive. It doesn't unzip all the way so the keys get turned putting the guitar in and out which is a pain.
But all that said, for the price? I'm pretty happy with it--the finish is gorgeous outside the blemishes and the design on it is beautiful. My daughter is over the moon. I plan to get new strings and have the nut modified to lower the action--otherwise I fear this guitar might lead to disappointment.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Too Cute!!! Nov 15, 2007
By G. M. Arnold
We bought this guitar this year for our 6 year old for Christmas. It came in this week and it so much cuter than it even was in the computer. It looks great and sounds great. This is not a toy. My daughter LOVES mermaids and my husband is determined to teach her to play, so a mermaid guitar might just get her motivated.
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
Extremely Satisfied Jan 30, 2010
I searched for months for the right children's guitar. I figured my daughter is young enough to want something pretty and magical looking, but not too girly. I wanted something that she would thoroughly love and enjoy and not break within the first month. When I received this guitar, it was everything I was looking for.
Hey! It's been over a month now and it still plays and looks brand new!
I bought this guitar at such an amazing price and have received a great quality product. The sound is good and the strings have been very forgiving to my 6 year old.
Definitely a recommended buy.
See all 18 customer reviews on Amazon.com